Ron has completed over 2000 hours of basic and advanced firearms training from police and special operations military instructors in handgun, rifle, tactics and long ranged precision shooting. Ron is trained as a Colt/Sig Sauer/Glock handgun armorer, and M-16/AR-15 rifle armorer.
Since 1995 Ron has taught hundred of police recruits and conducted advanced training for hundreds of in-service police officers.
Since 2007 Ron has taught Police Firearms Instructor Development Schools nationally and provided the same for military units overseas.
- Authorized by the Commonwealth of PA’s Municipal Police Education and Training Commission to train and qualify Active Duty Law Enforcement and retired Law Enforcement who reside in PA
- NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
- Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission
- Law Enforcement Handgun; In-Service and Advanced
- LE Shotgun
- LE Patrol Rifle; In-Service and Advanced
- NRA Basic Pistol/Rifle
- NRA Personal Protection in the Home
- MPOETC certified to train/qualify active duty Law Enforcement Officers and retired Law Enforcement who reside in PA
- Now offering Pennsylvania Law Enforcement Handgun and Rifle classes approved by MPOETC for Continuing Law Enforcement Education (CLEE)
NRA Law Enforcement Division Certified Instructor since 1993
NRA LE Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, Select Fire, and Tactical Shooting Instructor
Ron serves as a Staff Instructor for the NRA, since 2007. Ron has taught hundreds of LE students a broad base of techniques, tactics, teaching methodologies, and technical knowledge in order to develop the skills required to effectively perform his or her role as a firearm instructor at the agency and/or academy level. His teaching develops and enhances both instructor skills and firearm handling skills of all students so they can effectively teach their officers to win lethal encounters. These schools are intended for public and private law enforcement officers and military personnel who are currently assigned, or about to be assigned, duties as law enforcement firearm instructors. The curriculum is designed to prepare students to develop and conduct safe, effective, reality-based and agency-related firearm training.
US Security Care, Inc. Blue Bell, PA
Training Manager and Lead Firearms and Tactics Instructor, 2013 - October 2016
Lead and administer training function in a multi-state security company involved in armed Executive Protection for high net-worth clients, armed Residential Security, and Armed and Un-Armed Asset Protection Agents. Identify training needs and develop budget and curriculum, lead training, and maintain all records of training hours, lesson plans, certifications. Includes planning and budgeting for annual training functions.
City of Allentown Police, Allentown, PA
Police Officer (Lieutenant; Commanding Officer Allentown Police Academy)
Managed all state-mandated in-service training for municipal police throughout the Southeast Pennsylvania region. Drove operational excellence in training for firearms and tactical implementation for a variety of training programs. Curriculum development and outcomes measurement. Manage chain of custody and organization of evidence for numerous types of cases, including gang related incidents, drug violations, and violent crimes. Protected civilian interests and ensured ongoing management of resources across departments. Significant investigative experience, to include service on two federal Task Forces as a deputized TFO; FBI and DEA.
Engility (formerly MPRI, Inc.), Alexandria / Chantilly, VA (stationed in Afghanistan), 2010 to 2013
Law Enforcement Professional
Lead and develop in-country team of staff to support United States and Afghan security forces, providing training, leadership, mentoring and advising. Drive investigations and mentor/train U.S. Army soldiers and Afghan National Police undercover operatives in counter-IED missions. Develop best practices, training courses and deliver assignments for evidence-based operations and warrant-based targeting. Collaborate with Afghan judiciary in Herat City and Afghan National Directorate of Security on investigations of insurgents to protect U.S. and innocent Afghan lives.
Partial List of Training Received
- Urban Rifle for Patrol
- American Redcross Basic CPR/First Aid/AED
- Tactical Shooting Instructor
- Defensive Pistol
- N.R.A. Police Firearms Instructor
- Police Physical Fitness Coordinator
- Carbine Operator Course
- Patrol Rifle Instructor
- Select Fire Instructor Certification
- Tactical Handgun and Carbine Shooting
- Todd L. Green Pistol Training
- Colt AR-15/M-16 Basic Armorer School
- EAG Carbine Operator Course
- Crossfit Kettleball Instructor; Level One
- Certified M-16/AR-15 Armorer
- Carbine Tactics
- Tactical Application of Practical Shooting
- Baton Instructor Certification
- Simunitions Scenario and Safety Instructor
- Advanced Combat Marksmanship