- Eye/Ear Protection
- Reputable semi-automatic or revolver handgun with at least two magazines or speed loaders
- Suitable ammunition for that firearm (approx. 200 rounds)
- Magazine/speedloader pouch
- Rigid “outside the waistband” holster for that make/model handgun
- Pants and a rigid belt
- NO low-cut shirts/t-shirts
- No open-toe shoes.
- Field stripping and disassembly/assembly of the semi-auto handgun.
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Action types
- Firing Cycle.
Demonstration and practice (dry-fire) of grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture, follow through, loading and unloading.
Other topics covered are Situational Awareness, Concealed Carry Options for Women, Legal Considerations for Use of Deadly Force to Defend Yourself or Your Family, Safe Storage of Firearms for Families and Firearms As An Equalizer.
Second half of the day conducted live fire, with drills to ground the student in the Fundamentals of Marksmanship. With a “crawl, then walk” training approach, we build your familiarity and confidence with a firearm.
***Limited rental pistols available for small additional charge. Contact with questions***